Q: WHAT IS THE CORE TECHNOLOGY BEHIND AERIS INSULATION?
A: AERIS insulation technology revolves around a patented, open-cell, hydro-phobic polyurethane compound that is uniquely formulated for heat retention with exceptional wicking (moisture evacuation) properties. The end result is an insulation material that is effective dry or wet, so individuals feel comfortably warm in a wide range of temperatures.
WHAT ARE THE PRIMARY PERFORMANCE FEATURES FOR AERIS INSULATION?
1. Exceptional, uncompromised warmth: Dry or Wet.
2. Comfortable freedom of movement. At only 1/4" thick, AERIS insulation is effective to -10Â°F. At 1/2" thick it is effective to -40Â°F, making it the thinnest, highest performing cold weather insulation option in the world.
3. Compression: AERIS Insulating properties and performance are not affected when the material is compressed, allowing for exceptional manufacturing flexibility and insulating performance.
4. Lightweight design: AERIS insulation features microscopic air-pockets that, when integrated into a garment, actually feels lighter than when holding the base material in your hands to produce comfortable, lightweight clothing and gear.
5. Breathability: AERIS polyurethane open-cell construction creates the ultimate conditions to effectively wick moisture away from the body, creating an environment to keep you warm when dry or wet.
Q: IS AERIS INSULATION PATENTED?
A: Yes. AERIS owns a Utility Patent that prevents other manufacturers from using the material for insulating properties in apparel. There is a second Utility Patent that protects how AERIS insulation is produced.
Q: CAN OTHER MANUFACTURERS USE POLYURETHANE TO PRODUCE AN INSULATION MATERIAL?
A: Yes. But not if it falls within a 10 to 30-pound range for its Internal Load Deflection (ILD). This range identifies how a foam material â€œbounces backâ€ when compressed. If the ILD is below 10 pounds, the insulation will fail and fall apart when sewn into a garment or laundered. If the insulation is above 30 pounds ILD, it will be too rigid (similar to cardboard) and impossible to use in apparel manufacturing.
Q: HOW IS AERIS INSULATION EFFECTIVE IN SUCH A WIDE TEMPERATURE RANGE (60Â°F to -40Â°F)?
A: The inherent breathability delivered by the productâ€™s open-cell technology delivers a porous structure that enhances the evacuation of perspiration or water in warmer weather conditions to create a body surface environment that â€œbreathesâ€ and doesnâ€™t retain moisture, eliminating any cold, clammy feeling that other cold weather apparel insulation options create.
Q: IS AERIS INSULATION AVAILABLE IN MORE THAN ONE THICKNESS?
A: Yes. AERIS is available in 1/4" and 1/2" thickness options.
Q: HOW IS AERIS PACKAGED AND SHIPPED?
A: Available in 60â€ and 88â€ roll widths. Please see the chart below.
Q: DOES AERIS INSULATION REQUIRE SPECIAL HANDLING OR EQUIPMENT WHEN MANUFACTURING APPAREL?
A: No. AERIS insulation is completely safe to handle.
Q: DOES AERIS HAVE ANY SPECIAL LAUNDERING REQUIREMENTS?
A: Apparel made with AERIS insulation is generally machine washable. See merchandise care label for any special laundering requirements. We suggest washing in cold water. Hang dry; do not bleach.
Q: DOES APPAREL THAT IS MANUFACTURED WITH AERIS INSULATION NEED TO BE LOOSE FITTING?
A: No. AERIS apparel can be used in loose or tight-fitting cold weather gear (compression will not affect AERIS performance).
Q: DOES FINISHED OUTERWEAR REQUIRE A SPECIAL STITCH PATTERN TO HOLD AERIS INSULATION IN PLACE?
A: No. AERIS can simply be sewn to an inner liner or inside an outer shell with edge stitching.
Q: DO BRANDS THAT UTILIZE AERIS INSULATION NEED TO IDENTIFY THE TECHNOLOGY ON THEIR APPAREL AND RELATED PACKAGING?
A: Yes. Under the AERIS Supply Agreement manufacturerâ€™s that utilize AERIS insulation in apparel or other cold weather gear are required to fix the AERIS logo label on the apparel or gear, along with the AERIS INSIDE trademark on any and all packaging (care labels, hang tags, boxes, etc.) and advertising.
Q: IS AERIS INSULATION COMPETITIVELY PRICED WHEN COMPARED TO OTHER COLD WEATHER APPAREL INSULATION LIKE THINSULATE, PRIMALOFT, POLARGUARD AND OTHERS?
A: Yes. AERIS insulation it is extremely cost competitive.